Monday, October 26, 2009

Let's Go, NaNoWriMo

Well, I got all my planning done today. I can't believe it! It's funny the times when inspiration comes to you. I have my world building done, a basic paragraph about my plot, and a list of characters - I'm ready to roll!

I recently discovered (or, should I say, re-discovered) the pain that is finding appropriate character names. It's absolutely fantastic when names just come to you, but when they don't, finding the right one takes so long! I have come to affectionately call my MFC simply (3). It's time like these that I'm thankful for the internet - especially for such sites as behindthename.com and, more importantly, nanowrimo.org. If you are like me, you might want to check out this thread I started recently here. It got a lot of turnout I wasn't expecting! There are some great ways to come up with names throughout.

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Naming the characters is my least favorite part of writing. I think I need to create a list of names for those side characters that just wander into the story in advance this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with behindthename.com! I find it very usefull when you want a name that serves a purpose other than just being a name, when you want a name that means something. Good luck with all your writing! I was actually going to suggest a website to help with the worldbuilding but I don't want to now, in case I confuse you even more!

    ReplyDelete